What is the MORF Binder Exchange Scheme?
The free scheme (all you pay is the postage) has so far redistributed over 150 binders and we want to continue giving out as many as possible.
Tips for Safe Binding
- Get used to your new binder before you go out in it.
- Always wear the right size for you.
- Always take your binder off if you are in pain or cannot breathe easily.
- Stretch and take a few deep breaths after taking off your binder.
- Never sleep in a binder.
- If exercising in a binder wear a looser fitting one, sports bra or compression top.
- Never bind for more than 8 hours in a row.
- Never bind using tape or bandages.
- Never wear more than one binder at the same time.
- Drink plenty of water on hot days if binding.
- Take regular breaks if possible
Unsafe binding can cause:
- Breathing difficulties
- Cracked ribs
- Nerve damage
- Torn skin
- Poor skin healing for surgery
Sending a binder to the binder scheme
The binder scheme relies on binder donations to run, please send unwanted binders to the following address. We will then make any repairs, catalogue them and pass them onto members of the trans community all over the world who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford them.